Friday, April 8, 2011

So you might notice something different about me....

Well, about my blog...

Look up at the header.

That's right, things have changed. I am no longer 47 And Starting Over.

I'm now FIFTY AND FABULOUS!


Here's the thing. I started this blog at a really difficult time in my life, when I found myself suddenly single again, and trying to rebuild my world after a bad marriage to a cheating husband.

Flash forward three years, and I am happier than I've ever been in my life.

My son is in college, and doing well. I am madly in love with the Best Boyfriend Ever. And I have started a new decade, where as my sister separated at birth blogging buddy Linda Lou puts it, it's time to live life balls to the wall.

Not just existing. Not just living.

Balls to the wall, people.

So first things first, time for a little house cleaning. And that means getting rid of the 47 And Starting Over label. Because I started over, and I succeeded BEAUTIFULLY.

Now I'm living the life of my dreams, and it's amazing. Fab-u-loso.

I'm not going to officially change the blog name, I don't want to lose all my followers and friends who check in daily, so you'll still find me at the same link.

We'll all just know the truth. I'm Fifty. And I'm Fucking Fabulous. Woohoo!



22 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations you are fifty and fabulous,I have been that way myself for a few years and its great!

Anonymous said...

You are definately 50 and fabulous my friend. I couldn't be happier for you! Much love!

Unknown said...

Love it! At 60, can you readers rename it again? :)

Anonymous said...

You can rest assured that I'm not the type to tell you again, what I told you at 47 and Starting Over: "Cool your jets. The right man will appear only when you stop looking!...Just like my Joe did."

I told you that then, but I'm not going to remind you.

I also assume you will NOT be here, mourning my death just so you can get your claws into Joe?

Ah yes. Thou art a fickle female.

Coffeypot said...

Fabulous is so correct. I am happy for you and how you life is going...and I'm still jealous about the cruise.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

You ARE fucking fabulous! I love and miss you and am so SO glad you're my friend! XOXO

Allison said...

So happy that you're so happy!

B said...

Awesome title! I will be right there with ya in February 2012! Hope I have the same attitude then because right now I don't.

Julie D said...

@Dana, God willing you and Michael won't die together, but if you do, I will be there for Joe...mourning, noon and night. :)

LV said...

Julie, I like your header much better. This is a great photo of you. You are looking better at 50 that 47. Remember, I know you read Danica's comments and that is the way it should be. I would never say anything about you I thought would hurt you. I am just now finding your response to the one I left her. You started it from what you said when on the cruise. I would love to be able to meet you two, but doubt I will ever get that pleasure. You are just in the prime of life at 50. I am 85 and still going strong. It has a lot to do with your attitude and genes. Take care. Thanks for taking the time drop by the other day to say hi.

SSP said...

well you GO girl - I am inspired...and not far behind ya....

FRANNIE said...

Fantastic remodel, I love it.

Although you certainly don't look 50. :)

Bobby Allan said...

Awesome girl! Love how you are embracing life. xoxo

Unknown said...

Great new look Julie; didn't know you could completely rename your blog... which is why I just added aka Jane's blog to mine.

So glad to see (in the header) just how fabulous your life is going now.

Jamie said...

Yes, YOU ARE!

I love your attitude, and in some ways it mirrors mine. I am fifty one now, and working on the fabulous. I to have started over in the past couple of years. I am enjoying it. You keep right on keeping on, miss fabulous!

Dr. Penny said...

No, Dana, thank God now she will leave your Joe and my Ed alone if we kick it before she does. Glad to know there is a back up, cuz I can guarantee she ain't getting Ed -- she'd treat him too well and then he'd know what a shit I am!! LOLOLOLOLOL.

Have to say two things: told ya so AND you are lookin' damn good, girlfriend. Happy and shining and I like it. Wasn't it all worth it to pass go and collect??

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!

Wishing you lots and lots of continued happiness! You deserve all the good stuff life has to offer!

Love the new Blog!
Love you!
~AM

D said...

Lookin good, girl! :)

Julie D said...

Thanks everyone!!!!

Stephanie said...

I am sooooo happy for you! Your picture shows that you are content and happy from the inside out. Gorgeous. Congrats and Hugs!

Fragrant Liar said...

Yes, you ARE fucking fabulous, sister! Still and always rockin' it!

jessica said...

...and I'm right there with you. We came across each other during such difficult times and here we are. Can I tell you, I am so happy to be able to have been a part of this, even if only as a spectator cheering you on and delighting in your happiness.

Keep the good times coming...and yes you FUCKING ROCK.