I love my friends dearly. I'm blessed to have several "best best best closer than sisters" friends who I thank God for every day.
Except this morning at 5:50am when one of them texted me.
TWICE.
I could have cheerfully choked her. "I woke you up?" YES. What else would I be doing at that time of the morning besides sleeping!?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't get up until 7:30am. And this morning was one of those dark, rainy mornings that you just want to stay curled up under the covers, snoozing away.
Also, it should be noted that once I am awake, I rarely am able to go back to sleep. I actually started to drift back off at 7:15, just in time for my alarm to go off fifteen minutes later. Sigh.
Seriously, do you text people at ridiculous hours? Because I don't. Unless something is on fire or someone died, you won't hear from me until a reasonable time. Let's say 8am during the week, and 9am on weekends.
One of my other friends used to send me joke texts at 7am when she'd get up on Saturday morning and let her dog out. She's one of those people that can crawl back into bed and go right back to sleep.
I'm not. And my phone sits right on my nightstand so I hear the little text message sound and it wakes me right up. So I put a stop to her early morning texts right away.
People, I am very grumpy when my beauty sleep is interrupted unnecessarily. Thus today's blog post!
So this is my Public Service Announcement.
Before you text...think. Just because you're awake doesn't mean everyone else is.
You're welcome.
PS. I love ya Cher, but if you text me at that time again, I'm going to drive down there and smash your phone.

20 comments:
HA HA HA ... I have a friend who txts me at 2 or 3 am every time she gets drunk. She also calls me from concerts and holds her phone out so I can hear it. But I can't hear anything - it's just garbled noise. I want to reach through the phone and smack her sometimes.
Hi lady - hadn't commented in a while so I thought I'd give you a shout. As you know, we're practically neighbors, and I can attest right beside you, it was VERY hard to get out of bed on a day as gloomy as this.
Congrats on the post below too. GO CATS!
LOL...I love it. I have a friend that texts me....and I cut my phone to silent at night...and then she gets mad because I did not get her 5 am message.
You have to admit ~ some people just don't THINK!! What could possibly be that important at that hour... unless its an emergency?
I won't even own a cell phone ~ Call me old fashiioned but I like my simplified lifestyle:)
Smile ~ at least you didnt wake up to SNOW again like I did. :(
Have a great day!
That is the very reason my phone stays downstairs while I'm upstairs in bed. And another reason why my texts are on silent mode.
I just don't bring my phone to bed. People could call or text at any hour and I wouldn't hear it. I actually would text someone if I were up and didn't know if they would be b/c I would never think they'd have their phone so close that it would wake them... I wish I had your phone number now, though, so I could text you when up with E at 3:00 ;)
Well, I don't have a land line, so if some emergency did come up and they needed to get a hold of me, I wouldn't hear it if my phone was out in the living room. Plus, remember that I have an "adult kid" living with me too and a lot of times I go to bed and he's not home. So there's no way I wouldn't have my phone nearby. He texts me when he's on his way home and while those often wake me up, it's usually just midnight or so and I can go back to sleep.
Phones ringing in the middle of the night or early in the morning can be really scary! Annoying too. We used to have someone call us about 3 times a week around 3am and hang up. That was when my MIL was in the hospital and it was brutal. This was before cell phones and texting. I also have trouble going back to sleep after being rudely awakened, so I sympathize. I'll come over and help you smash if you want. LOL
I've got another complaint to add to your post. I don't want my neighbor calling me during the time I am getting ready for work. I don't have time to talk to anyone at that time of day. WTH? Seriously, she is like 87 and retired, and I am still working and burning my candle at both ends during the night, so I am always always always late getting up and almost always late for work. I do not have time to chat in the mornings, about how I can fix her problem with her across the street neighbors.
You sound like my wife when I get emails in the night. I get emails for places that are in daylight while we are sleeping, sooooo... I still want them and enjoy them. Keep it up, peeps.
I don't anger easily, but those texts would get to me! Good luck convincing her.
heh heh...post her number...perhaps if we all text her at 4am tomorrow, she will get the hint?? just kidding...i don't text :-)
I either turn my mobile phone off at night (the alarm still works even if phone turned off) or set it so texts are silent or just a discreet beep. That way I will only know there is a text if I am awake.
Meanwhile my husbands business partner phones us on landline anytime right up to midnight. It drives me crazy. I grew up being told that you dont ring people after 8:30pm unless it is urgent and I still stick to that. I am getting close to unplugging landline from the wall at night... but then if there really is anything urgent we cant be reached. Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!
I agree with the don't call after 9 pm thought (I was taught this growing up), but there are times when logic overcomes reason. I learned that Sept 11, 2008. I had this feeling that I needed to call my son, but it was 9:30 pm. I told myself that it was too late at night, that I could reach him in the am on his way to work on his cell. When I called the next am at 7:30, his girlfriend answered and informed me that he was dead. He had hung hisself with his belt on their front porch. She said that she went to bed about 10:30 and he was still alive at that time. She found him at 6:30am. So there are times when you should call after 8:30 or 9 pm. He would have been 32 on his birthday that year (Oct 18) and his youngest daughter turned 1 on Oct 4th. So there are times when that 3 am call could save anothers life...
No I never make a phone call or text before 10 am. Don't know why. But I also turn my phone off at night. This became a habit when I was pregnant with my daughter and my friends drunk dialed me all night.
I know what you mean about being woke up. My daughter knows I like to sleep late on the weekends and just because she is up with her son( my grandson) doesn't mean I want to be up. I don't blame you, you have to keep your phone on and close by!
You won't have to worry about me. I barely know how to text at all! LOL
Oh holy hell...she'd have gotten an ass whoppin'! And those joke texts?? I effin' hate those damn things! Lol...
oooh now that I know your phone number I can text you early in the morning cuz I start work at 6 a.m.!! HAHAHAHA.....seriously, I wouldnt do that to you cuz I hate it too!!
it is rainy and dreary here too..
Jill from NY
LOL! Only on Ohio State Buckeye game days :).
@Tana....I am so sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment