See this lovely little floating paradise? I'll be on it in 159 days!
Yes, I am spending my 50th birthday on a cruise to the Caribbean with my honey. We'll be in Costa Maya, Mexico on my actual birthday, then the next day Belize, then some islandy place in Honduras, then Cozumel, then back to our starting point of New Orleans.
I. Can't. Wait.
I've always wanted to take a cruise, and I hate to keep preaching on this whole positive thinking thing, but a couple of weeks ago I stopped "wanting" to do it, and started picturing myself on the boat. Because, according to Dr. Penny, I needed to stop focusing on why I couldn't go or haven't gone by now (too expensive, etc.) and not worry about how or why I would end up going...just see myself doing it.
Out of the blue, Michael came home last week and said he had gotten a cruise as a perk from one of the casinos he used to frequent. We just had to pay airfare to New Orleans.
Wow, I didn't see that coming! LOL
So, less than two weeks after I started changing my thoughts and seeing myself cruising the Caribbean with a drink in one hand, and my guy at my side....it's booked.
This "change your thoughts and change your life" thing is blowing my mind.
And the idea of turning 50 has just gotten so much more exciting!

15 comments:
That looks like so much fun...Have a Margarita for me!!!!
Wow, I believe in positive thinking and visualization, too, but I usually don't see it coming true quite that fast! And now you get to imagine how fun it will be for the next 159 days! Good for you!
Oh you are so going to love that cruise!!! I took one in January 2007, dubbed The Just Divorced Cruise by my friend and myself and it was, hands down, the best vacation I ever went on! We stopped at completely different islands, although I was in Cozumel a few years earlier (pretty island!).
Why,you hussy you! You gooo girl! I'm glad to see good things happening to a good person.
obviously I MUST get on this change your thoughts change your life train ASAP!! Cruises are divine you're going to love it!!
You are going to have so much fun. We have taken 3 on Carnival and loved them all.
I am going to start picturing myself Retired with a smile on my face!!!!!!!!
You're going to love it Julie, especially if this is your first cruise. I took one in april of this year and Carnival really knows how to please. Have fun and keep on thinking positive.
Wow, that's fantastic! What a way to turn 50!
I totally believe your thoughts create your reality. That's why Linda Land is such a fantastic place to live!
Oh, my friend, I'm so happy for you. You'll just have to get yourself to Vegas some other time. XOXO
I've been off the "grid" or should I say off the internet for awhile. It's good to get back on and check out the blogs I've been missing. I'm so excited for you! Cruising for your 50th birthday is awesome. I truly believe in change your thoughts (and attitude) and your life will change with it. Blessings!
'Who saw that coming' -- exactly how it works. Gotta let the Universe do its thing its way and not hamper the process with all the 'hows' YOU can think of. The Universe has ever so much more available to it than you could ever imagine. Fast? Hell yes, and even faster if you let it!!!! Let go and let God. Yea!!!!!! Can't wait to see what else you are going to create in that life of yours!! I'm watching YOU.
Julie, this is my first comment( only because I just figured out how..lol) You are an inspiration to say the least. So happy your life is going well!!! I just started my on blog ...43 and finding me. Similar name I know, scenario fairly similar too. Today marks what would have been our 21st anniversary. I may have to book a cruise and do some sailabrating too!!!
You will love it! I love cruising!!!!
You sound so good! I'm happy for you!
My husband and I went on a cruise three years ago for my 50th birthday! We had a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. I do have one piece of advise for you. Fly to whichever port you are cruising out of THE DAY BEFORE. Trust me on this. I almost had a nervous breakdown. You can read about it here:
http://gingereebs.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/our-harrowing-drive-to-raleigh-being-chased-by-a-dragon/
Yay, yay YAY for you. You will have a blast. I was on that ship back in 2008 – if they have Montecarlo night you will have a blast so don’t miss it. I have been eyeing a beautiful diamond and necklace and earring set. The earrings dangle and are in the shape of a teardrop along with the pendant. They have black and white diamonds. Last Sunday I just got them – sometimes you just have to treat yourself. I wish I were on that cruise with you – we could hit the bars and have a blast…
p.s. - and i do beleive in the power of positive thinking/positive intent/affirmation/visualization.
Jaded
Julie, you're going to have so much fun! Green with envy here. In a good way. :)
Post a Comment