Monday, August 30, 2010

What do you mean?


There are at least eight words in the Mars/Venus dictionary that can be taken two different ways. Memorize them, there will be a quiz later.

1. THINGY (thing-ee) n.
Female...... Any part under a car's hood.
Male..... The strap fastener on a woman's bra.

2. VULNERABLE (vul-ne-ra-bel) adj.
Female.... Fully opening up one's self emotionally to another.
Male.... Playing football without a cup.

3. COMMUNICATION (ko-myoo-ni-kay-shon) n.
Female... The open sharing of thoughts and feelings with one's partner.
Male... Leaving a note before taking off on a fishing trip with the boys.

4. COMMITMENT (ko-mit-ment) n.
Female.... A desire to get married and raise a family.
Male...... Trying not to hit on other women while out with this one.

5. ENTERTAINMENT (en-ter-tayn-ment) n.
Female.... A good movie, concert, play or book.
Male...... Anything that can be done while naked.

6. FLATULENCE (flach-u-lens) n.
Female.... An embarrassing byproduct of indigestion.
Male...... A source of entertainment, self-expression, male bonding.

7 MAKING LOVE (may-king luv) n.
Female...... The greatest expression of intimacy a couple can achieve.
Male.... Call it whatever you want, just as long as we do it.

8. REMOTE CONTROL (ri-moht kon-trohl) n.
Female.... A device for changing from one TV channel to another.
Male... A device for scanning through all 375 channels every 5 minutes.


7 comments:

Mellodee said...

Boy, I gotta get me a copy of that Mars/Venus dictionary! :)

Carol said...

I love your blog. I love your sense of humor. It is so different from anything out there..that i have seen so far. You never disappoint. Keep it up! signed...your biggest fan...

carol-the gardener

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

LOL....this was great! I need to find this book. It is a riot.

Unknown said...

Jules I♥You!

Manzanita said...

How true, but then women already know this, so why do they act surprised when each sex acts out their own part? Perhaps women think the man will change. I dooon't think so.
Manzanita
wanna buy a duck

gayle said...

All these are very true!

Maria Mcclain said...

hi Julie,you have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful. I really like it & shared with my friends! hope u go for this website to increase visitor.