Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who the hell saw this coming? Not me!


So Dr. Penny has been telling me for years...YEARS....that I have to change my thinking in order to change my life.

I hate it when that bitch is right. LOL She NEVER lets me forget it.

Seriously though....

I finally took her advice. And I changed my perception...my thoughts...my actions. I stopped "wanting" what I didn't have, I stopped the constant barrage of negative, toxic thoughts that my marriage/divorce put into my head. I quit being "that girl", the one who was cheated on and totally fucked over by someone who was supposed to love her for the rest of her life. I stopped worrying about never being able to trust a man again, to fall in love again. Hell I even quit worrying about paying the mortgage on my condo until I found a new renter. I quit worrying about how I was going to make sure Jordan got into college...how I would afford it, etc., and how was I going to throw a going away party AND stock a dorm room with everything he needed in a month where I was paying two mortgages because I didn't have a renter? And of course, my constant fears and worries about Jordan leaving home, and my upcoming scarily empty nest.

I just stopped everything. All the negative thoughts. All the worrying. All the stressing out about stuff.

And what I started doing was thinking positively.

Living as though I had all I needed and wanted.

Being thankful for all the blessings in my life and all the blessings to come.

I started being "happy", even when I didn't feel it. Fake it til you make it, sister.

And you know what happened?

I signed the best renter for my condo, this lovely 70 years young woman (who reminds me very much of Dr. Penny herself in another 10 years!) who I pray has many healthy years ahead of her in my condo!

My son is successfully in school, and we didn't even have to pay a dime over his school loans this quarter. We had a great going away party, and I managed to find that extra $500 I needed for dorm stuff. It was "just there".

And we all know I have fallen head over heels in love with That Guy Again. With him, I am happier than I have ever been. He is such a good person, and he makes me want to be a better person than I am. The absolute best part of my day is his face first thing in the morning when I open my eyes, and the last thing I see at night. Truly, I had no idea that *this* was what being in love felt like. What being loved felt like.

My life has done a 180 in the past couple of months, and I am 100% convinced it because my thoughts, and my words, became my actions. When I lived in a constant state of fear and loss, my life was pretty sucky, I've gotta tell ya. I wasn't "living". I was just getting through the day the best I could. These days, I live in joy. I live in the positive. I have realized that I am worthy of all the wonderful things coming my way.

My God, I love my life. And I am so thankful for everything I have, and everything to come.

Do me a favor....get rid of your negative thoughts ok? There's a whole fantastic world out there just waiting on you to live it.

Thanks, Dr. Penny.  I love you.

28 comments:

Under the Influence said...

Yay!

My Aimless Infatuation said...

I am truly happy for you Julie and I'm going to try my best to take your advice because I would love to visit cloud nine again.

Me said...

Yes I am jumping on your bandwagon. I am a believer...I may even blog about. I will give you all the credit!! I am very happy for you Julie.

Fragrant Liar said...

Oh, alright, goddammit. Congrats. If you're going to insist, then I'll do it. Cuz you're making me. ;-)

Heh. Okay, I'll let you know when my Mr. Wonderful shows up. He's late.

Rebecka said...

Hurray for you!
It absolutely works. Change your thoughts, change your life.

I haven't found my special guy, but I haven't been looking or waiting for him. He's out there. In the meantime, I'm having a marvelous time.
What a great place to be in our lives. I'm so happy for you.

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

I very much believe in power of positive thoughts (all thoughts actually).

For more information about the power of thoughts in our lives, I recommend reading or watching the DVD....
"The Secret".
This is a book I read and really enjoyed.

I'm so happy to hear your life is going wonderfully!!

~Tam

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Amen! So glad that changing your POV has changed your life so much. I often have to fake it till I make it, too...but it's oh-so-worth it!

Carol said...

I know you won't believe this but here goes anyway. When I came across your blog weeks ago I read your story. It was so much like my own story. I knew I wanted to follow you because I knew things would change for you quickly. I guess I always had hope and somehow knew. I wish I could have felt this way in my own life, but I guess you can't see the forrest for the trees right? Congratulations, I'm so happy you are happy.

Carol-the gardener

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

You don't know how much this resonates with me but I'm the one that doesn't feel positive at the moment. I'm the Negative Nancy that is unemployed, sleeping on an air mattress because I left all my furniture behind in California.

My daughter just sent me this long email telling me that I need to find positives. I can fake it but I don't know at this point if it will be believable or not.

I'm happy that you were able to embrace the positive and get rid of all that was weighing you down. Things are going great for you and I'm so excited!!

Anonymous said...

omg you took the words right out of my head!! that is exactly what is happening with me and I am trying to do the positive thinking thing but boy, that is hard!! help me figure it out, will ya? Right now I am in that state of mind and I cant seem to get out of the rut.
but I will try. Thanks for posting this today.

Jill in NY

ain't for city gals said...

WOO HOO...

Dr. Penny said...

I am crying now..... I have never heard you speak this way and I am so glad you beliefs have finally evolved. It doesn't matter that it took YEARS, what matters is that you finally figured it out -- some people never do. I was praying that you would because nothing makes me happier than helping someone (espcially my friends) get there.

For your followers who may need some help, The Secret is a great book, but so is the Conversations With God series, and Infinite Possibilities, and many others. I wish for everyone this kind of enlightenment no matter where the message comes from that finally gets through....

LeeAnn said...

I am soooooooo happy for you, m'dear. It is wonderful to hear that you are truly enjoying life.

chele said...

Your positivity is truly inspirational.

Mellodee said...

There isn't anything better for improving your outlook than being in love! Happiness multiplies!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

NO SHIT!!!

It's so simple, it almost seems too good to be true. Your thoughts shape your life. Period.

I am so freakin' happy for you, Julie. Good for you for spreading the word!

Kitty Moore said...

That's fantastic! Maybe I'll give this positive thinking lark a go myself...

dcr said...

just what i needed to hear! thanks a TON and congrats!

Lisa said...

thats awesome, julie! i'm so happy for you!

Danica said...

I am so unbelievably happy for you. It's amazing what doors can open when you think and feel positive. Shall you RSVP for two to my wedding next year?

Julie said...

@Danica...yes! I'm bringing my hot man as my date! :)

Julie said...

@Danica...yes! I'm bringing my hot man as my date! :)

gayle said...

What an awesome post! I could tell from fb how happy you have been. I am very happy for you!!!!
You have really gotten me to thinking. I haven't been happy at work lately so I am going to try my best to Be Happy and see where that gets me. Thank you!

AirmanMom said...

I am so very happy for you!
All the good things in your life are so well deserved!
Hugs...
~AM

NV said...

LOVED this post! A born cynic, I’ve spent much of the last decade trying to lose the vast majority of my snark and to shed the black cloud that, in some respects, I put myself in. As mere mortals, we get challenged A LOT both by things of our choosing and a litany of others that are not. But what I’ve found is that it’s not what happens to you – it’s how you react to it. Sounds like you’ve discovered that, too, in a very good way. SO happy things are going so well. Relish it. Revel in it and truly appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so happy for you. I have been through a tough three years, odd, not your usual life of crap thrown your way, trying to juggle a dream, then love, then disappointments, and up till just recently, I have been screwed up, and living in the past, regretting, kicking myself on the shin each and every day.
I recently, like yesterday, decided to live in the moment, to respect what I have, to forgive myself for some dumb decisions, and to see what happens. So reading this entry on your blog (I don't follow you but clicked on you via a friend) gave me a bit of hope.
I'm happy for you, even though you are a stranger. Happiness makes the world a better place.
Good on ya!
http://baypolar.wordpress.com/

TK Kerouac said...

Inspirational!

jaded said...

Julie, this is by far one of your best posts (and you have many gems). It is so true. At the end of 2008 I wrote this post on my blog about how I was going to beleive in a happy future like I already saw it. In 2009 I went out more, had fun, ate better, worked out more and lo and behold got pregnant with Ziggy.