Friday, January 6, 2012

Well Hell.


January 6th, and I'm just now pulling off a "Happy New Year!" post. Nice.

I didn't make resolutions this year (or any other year for that matter) because I don't ever keep them. But I have goals.

1.  I'm trying not to say 'fuck' as much. It's really fucking fricking hard.

2.  I'm going to grow my real estate business this year. It's time to shit or get off the pot. (I've always hated the visual that catchy little phrase creates, and yet here I am using it. I should resolve not to do that again!) I either need to market myself, grow my business and make some money so that I can pay off my bills and do some travelling...or I need to surrender my license. Last year I closed one house, and what I made on it offset my monthly fees and yearly dues, so other than the tax write off I made no money in real estate.

3.  I'm back on Weight Watchers again, combining that with this fucking frickin vegan lifestyle that was thrust upon me that I am sooooooooooooo happy to be doing. (If Dr. Penny is reading this she's gonna yell at me but I don't care. My blog, my bitch platform!)  The great news is that Michael has lost 25 lbs since we started eating this way 3 months ago. I, however, haven't lost a frickin' pound. Nor do I feel amazingly better. Nor do I have an incredible amount of energy. I'm tired. Cranky, Bitchy, Sleepy, Whiny, Gassy (yeah when you eat all these damn beans, it happens. I regularly have a 6 month pregnant gas baby belly. It's lovely). Hormonal. Let's face it, I'm my own fucking Seven Dwarfs now. (Ooops...there's that F word. Hey, I'm trying.) So I figured if I'm gonna ever learn to LTVS (Love The Vegan Shit) I'm gonna need to be losing weight on it as well. Enter Weight Watchers.  It's only my first week, but it's going good so far.

Let's see...what else? I think that's enough for now. Lose weight, make money, and stop saying offensive four letter words that begin with F (unless I'm doing it, of course, at which time I can scream it so the neighbors hear me).

Those are my goals this year. What are yours?

11 comments:

Coffeypot said...

1. Why? It’s a great and versatile word.
2. I like the alternative phrase when with picky company, Paint or get off the ladder.
3. Vegan meals are called pre-dinner salads in my world. Then it’s meat and taters after that.

But have a great year no matter what else you do and good luck with increasing your business…in this market.

Deb Menard said...

I don't really make resolutions either, but you'll have to wait to read mine...sorry
Also, sorry about the vegan thing. I'll be sure to be thinking of you while I'm scarfing down that 10 ounce prime rib or whatever makes it worse for you thinking I'm eating.
And yay for Weight Watchers! It'll be good, right? Right?


RIGHT!?!?!?

SassyModernMom said...

You are also FUNNY!! Oh how I love the 7 Dwarfs comment:))
Happy New Year best of luck with all your goals!

Noofy said...

I'm on the lose weight and healthier lifestyle too, it sux, no results yet, but haven't really geared up. Ordered an elliptical online, it arrives next week, then it's game on. I broke my habit of the F word about five years ago, substituting "stupid", which sounds stupid, but it worked, he still uses the F word. Good luck with your goals, misery loves company. :)

Anonymous said...

I made resolutions I know I can keep.
I will spoil my grandchildren
I will eat chocolate
I will not start smoking.
That way I start the year on a postive note and feel good about myself all year.
Good luck on your goals.
Cassie.

Beau's Mom said...

The one and only resolution I ever made was to learn to like liquor.

And I get so tired of hearing about the newest research into how to lose weight: NEWS AT ELEVEN. Then they say: "Exercise more, eat less".

Fuck'em.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

1. But I looooove girls who say fuck.

2. "Shit or get off the pot" is far less disgusting than "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush," don't you think?

3. Fuck the vegan diet. It's not bringing you joy and you're not even reaping any benefits.

Hope 2012 is the best year ever! I love you, dear friend!

Danica said...

I like you better when you throw out the F bombs!!!!

I just started on WW this week myself. This is my first time ever. Here goes nothing.

FRANNIE said...

Oh Lord, the vegan thing would be tough for me, I'd miss my shoes.

Don't be so hard on yourself b/c he's losing weight faster than you, you may have to eat different things than he does in order to see results.

I loved WW when I was on it, the tracking really did help me.

Chin up...and remember, Margaritas are vegan *wink*.

FRANNIE said...

Oh, and I will NEVER give up saying Fuck.

Dr. Penny said...

You ARE reaping bennies from the diet and you know it. The problem with weight loss is that you have not started exercising on a regular, often enough basis (if at all, knowing you). Make that your biggest goal and everything else you bitched about (on YOUR platform) will simply fall into place. Get busy. Oh, and Happy New Year!