Monday, May 9, 2011

The happiest Mother's Day of all....

I got to spend one more Mother's Day with my Mom.


Mom and three of her daughters. We miss you, Linda...there is always an empty place in every picture where you should be.


(Somebody asked me yesterday if I am Sue Ellen's daughter. (She's my oldest sister, in the pink shirt) Bwwwwwhahahahahahahaha. I'm the baby of the family. AND, for the first time ever, the most tanned. Booyah!)

There was a brunch at the nursing home, so we spent time with her in the morning. Mom isn't really very responsive these days. She's pretty quiet. She has a hard time having any sort of conversation. But she was here, and last year at this time we were in the hospital with her, and 100% sure it was our last Mother's Day together. "How" she is still here, I don't know. But I'm thankful for having her for one more.

I spent the rest of the day with the reason I am celebrated on Mother's Day. Being this kid's Mom is the greatest thing I ever did.


And getting to share a beautiful Sunday with the loves of my life fills me with unimaginable joy.



I hope your Mother's Day was just as nice.

9 comments:

Helen said...

I bubble over with happiness when I read your posts ....

Danica said...

I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful day!!

ROFLMAO at being Sue Ellen's daughter. I bet she loved that! HA

Apryl said...

I LOVE that you changed the name of your blog! You give me hope!

Tara said...

Sounds like a pretty fabulous day :)

LV said...

Julie, I am glad you had a nice day even with your mother in a home. It is so sad seeing our loved ones like this. We are all left here for a reason. Time takes care of all things. You take care. Tell Danica hello for me and I am well.

gayle said...

So glad you are so happy!!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

So happy that you had a good day with Mom. God bless her!

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--clearly, there is a lot of love there.

jessica said...

My Mother's Day WAS wonderful and I am glad yours was too. I am sorry I fell off the face of the earth. It has been sooooooooo hectic. I am so glad you are doing so well (and so tanned). I hope you felt like the queen and diva that you are on your day.
xoxo
Jessica