Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ooooh the countdown is officially ON!

It's March, people! You know that means...

19 days til our cruise. Yay!

21 days til I turn fifty forty ten! Yay!

(WTF am I yaying that for?)

We're going to sit down tonight and pick out excursions to do on the cruise. Got any suggestions? Other than swimming with the dolphins. While I'd love to do that, he's already done it with his last girlfriend (he's been on this ship before...sigh....I'm trying to forget that I know that) and so I'm all about making NEW memories, not reliving the old ones.

I want to do a zip line thing through the rainforest/jungle/whatever the hell all that crap is called in Belize and Honduras. He's a little iffy on that because he's afraid of heights. So am I, but I've decided that if I'm going to be fifty forty ten, I should start this new decade overcoming fears right?

In other news...I've started my pre-cruise tanning. Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's bad for me. So is getting fried by the Caribbean sun, which I will be out in for seven days. With all the other shit I've done to my body over the years, and crap I put into it, I'm fairly certain a tanning bed isn't what's gonna kill me in 40 years.

Oooh, and I did some cruise clothes shopping this weekend! Got us both new bathing suits, and him new shorts and shirt, and me a slinky sex long halter dress for my 50th birthday dinner (damn, there's that F word again!) It makes me look like my boobs are ginormous as you can see, and yes I have on a shrug thingy with it....I'll brave the halter part when the bat wings under my upper arms are tanned. LOL


Let's see, I think that's all the news for now. I'll be back later with updates on what excursions we picked!

16 comments:

Dr. Penny said...

Do it all, including the dolphins (an outstanding experience!) and let him show you how on the things he has already done -- a better opportunity for you to enjoy and not make mistakes, which is why he went on this cruise before, not because he was with HER. That was then, this is now. Nothing more thrilling than conquering fear, so zip line away my dear just like I flew in that bi-plane in Sedona!! Like the dress, gotta be tan, and I can't wait to hear all about this adventure!!!!

Coffeypot said...

We've been to both places and loved it. You will have a good time no matter what you do. And go swim with the dauphins. It doesn't matter if he has been with 50 others, he is with you now and you need to enjoy the experience, too. Don't hang on the other bitches (not that you are one, mind you) or it will ruin you trip. What about all the men (all 6,000 of them) you have been with? They don't interfere with how you feel about him. So just enjoy him and the trip. My counseling bill is in the mail…

Erin said...

Cute dress! I hope you have a terrific time on your cruise. I agree with Dr. Penny - do it all on your cruise! Enjoy the vacation time and the exploration and adventure of trying new things!

P.S. Forty ten - I love it! :)

Danica said...

Love the dress!

Talk to Crystal. It sounds like she took a similar cruise in January and hit up some of the same spots. I'm not sure what excursions she did.

I've got my tan going too for the wedding. By the time June rolls around I may be as black as LW. LOL

Gaston Studio said...

Great dress! You're going to have a great time, no matter what excursions you select. Just have fun!

Emily said...

Awesome dress!!

What ports are you hitting up??

Emily said...

Ok, in Costa Maya, my mom and I took a taxi south from the port to the next little town, sat under a palapa on the beach with the most GORGEOUS water, had cheap drinks and great food and just relaxed.

Julie said...

@Dr. Penny...the "that was then, this is now" mentality never works on me, you've known this for 30 years.

@Coffeypot....6,000 men. Ahahahahahaha. Funny dude. Keep it up and you won 't be 6,001.

@Danica....OMG you did not just say that! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

@Emily....Costa Maya, Belize, Honduras, Cozumel, and then back to New Orleans for a day before we fly home.

jessica said...

The boobies look lovely, you sexy thang, you!
Do a party boat if that's at all an option. F-U-N. We had a blast when we did it together. Lot's of games, lots of rum and lots of fun and good music.
Definitely do the Tepanyaki (my spelling is off, but it soudnds like that)restaurant.

Dee said...

Love the dress girl, you're "girls" look lovely in it lol! I'm so jealous!

gayle said...

Your dress is beautiful!! Just have a fun time and do whatever you want to!

ModernMom said...

Ohhh another vote for do the dolphins! I tried it in the Bahamas. Loved it.
Your new dress is fab! I'm busy planning for my big 40th Gulp. These years go by too quickly!

stinkerbelle said...

I've been to Belize, if you have a chance, go snorkle the barrier reef. It's the 2nd largest reef in the world and is awesome. I snorkled it off Ambrigis Caye.

southlouisiancuisine.blogspot.com

Helen said...

You are going to have an absolute ball ... promise!

AirmanMom said...

So happy you are so happy!
~AM

Vegas Linda Lou said...

LOVE the dress! It's going to be an amazing trip!