Friday, February 18, 2011

Seven Years.


(Our last picture together. Ignore the wedding dress...I do!)

In loving memory of my sister Linda. There hasn't been a day in the past seven years that I haven't thought of you, and missed you like crazy.


I know Jordan misses her too. From the time he was a baby, she was his "Nina" (he couldn't say Linda when he was little, so he called her Nina, and then it sorta stuck as a description of who she was to him....as in "that's my Nina". And he was Gordo....(not really my favorite nickname for Jordan!) and I was "The Jewel".


I know I tell you guys all the time how much I miss her. I can tell you with total honesty that time doesn't heal anything, it just helps you accept your new normal without someone. I think of Linda every day, and I feel her with me all the time. There is a very big hole in our family where she should be, and our lives have never been the same without her. And I miss her like nobody's business.


So today, I hope she's in heaven with a box of her favorite red wine, a pack of Merit cigarettes, and some Carly Simon blaring on the radio, and knowing without a doubt how desperately we wish she were here.


You are loved, my dear. Today, tomorrow, and forever.

Love, Jewel and Gordo

8 comments:

Dee said...

Hugs boo, this was a very sweet entry!

Fragrant Liar said...

Your homages to your beloved sister come about the same time mine do. My sister's birthday was yesterday, but I just couldn't "go there" on my blog this time. Some days are harder than others. I miss my sister too.

I send you big hugs for your sister's loss. xo

Danica said...

Hugs and love. I have no words just understanding.

Helen said...

Sending hugs your way ...

Anonymous said...

OH OH OH OH :)

(I remember)

Cassie

AirmanMom said...

love the way you love her!
hugs.....
~AM

Annie Joy said...

What I wonderful tribute to your beloved sister. It makes me realize how blessed I am to still have mine with me (and I'll tell her so!) Thank you! Annie

jessica said...

I can offer little words for comfort, but know that I understand loss and that i'm sorry you are missing her.