Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The start of something big



I have a love/hate relationship with my TV.  I love it when it works, hate it when it doesn't.

It's a 52" hi def projection thingy, and I bought it five years ago when I got divorced, and for the past four years, the frickin projection bulb blows out every ten to twelve months, to the tune of $250 to replace it. Sigh.

And, you guessed it, it blew again on Sunday. Girlfriend here was NOT happy. But in the midst of my pissed off rant angst over it, my guy says quietly....

I'll just bring my TV over.

Oh. Oh!!!  Okay. And it was decided shortly after that I would just sell my TV instead of continuing to throw more money at it.  At this point with yet another new bulb I'd have spent more maintaining the damn thing than I did buying it in the first place. Meanwhile, his is only a few months old, it's just as big but a nicer plasma TV, and since doesn't have cable he only uses it to play video games a couple of times a week.

And, he's at my house far more than he is his own, so it makes perfect sense to bring it over.

That's when I gulped.

Big gulp.

Sell my TV? But what if six months from now we don't like each other anymore and you take it back, and I'm left without one?  I'm gonna be pissed that I didn't just spend $250 and keep mine!

(Go ahead....give me a rousing chorus of "Then just buy a new one, dingbat".)

So, as he pointed out, this wasn't really about the TV, this was more about me being unsure of his/our future in this relationship....and surely him readily offering it up should give me some indication of his faith in us, and commitment to the cause, right? As he said "I mean, it's no ring, but it's a nice TV". LOLOLOL

OK good point. Moment of panic officially over.

So the TV is being moved today. Lots of clothes have already migrated to my house, and now furniture is making it's way in. I think this is the official start of something big, don't you?

In other news, I woke up to my house being 58 degrees this morning. Really, the furnace goes out on a day that we're going to have a high temp of 24?????

Wonder if my honey would move his furnace to my house as well? LOL

9 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Possession is nine tents of the law. If it doesn’t work out and you kick him to the curb, you still have the TV. Think positive.

CaliGirlTrace said...

Hehe.. love the ring comment ;-)

Dee said...

Well it was sweet of him to offer up his TV so quickly lol! I would have freaked out too!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

So sweet. Sounds like love is in the air!

Gaston Studio said...

Just don't ever give up your house Julie; TVs can be bought and sold much easier than houses. Sounds though, as if you guys are moving that relationship right along.

dle said...

Sounds like the Holidays are going to be something special, It is almost unheard of for a man to part with his TV but draw the line on favorite chair!!!

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh my dear he is definetely a keeper.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

PLEASE don't tell me he's playing Black Ops on that damn TV. I'm a Black Ops widow--I can't stand it!

That said, I'd listen to that shoot-up any day over being back in my apartment by myself--small price to pay.

So glad things are working out. Life is amazing, no? I miss you!

dana said...

This is either the start of a new life for you, or just an upcoming show for Judge Judy. According to the judge, get him to sign a lease, and that the TV is a gift - not a loan. lol