Monday, December 27, 2010

The Best Day Of My Life


December 27, 1990 was the best day of my life.

Last year, I wrote about it HERE.

Today, I look at those pictures and wonder where the time has gone.

How can my "baby" be twenty?

He's no longer a child. Or a teen. He's an adult. No, I mean really an adult now....

He's a college student, and I could not be prouder.

He's a brother, a nephew, a cousin, a grandson. He's a best friend to a great group of young men and women.

But most importantly, he's a son.

He's MY son.

And I love him more than life itself.

So today, on this 20th anniversary of his birth, I celebrate the baby who came into my life two weeks past his due date (and has rarely been on time for anything since), the toddler who made me laugh constantly with his goofy smile and "creative" antics, the teenager who didn't give his Mom a whole lot to worry about, (or at least, didn't tell me til he was 18 and decided to come clean about a few things!) and the adult who is just at the start of his future. A future that I cannot wait to be a part of, to watch unfold, to see who he becomes and what amazing things life holds in store for him.

I love you, Jordan. You are my light, and the love of my life. Thank you for making me the happiest, and proudest Mom ever.




6 comments:

Joanie M said...

Your son is one day younger than my youngest daughter, Danielle. She turned 20 yesterday! Happy Birthday Jordan!

Coffeypot said...

Happy Birthday, Dude. Enjoy the next twenty decades.

Danica said...

And what an amazing young man he is! Happy Birthday Jordan!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Beautiful post. Happy Birthday to Jordan!

gayle said...

Happy Birthday to Jordan!! You have every reason to be a proud mom!!

My word verification is ~ bless :)

TaraDharma said...

oh this is lovely! Really, where DOES the time go? It's quite an experience to watch the arc of someone's life, someone who you have absolute unconditional love for.

I have a 22 (almost 23) year old who, over the holidays, announced that she and her husband are expecting. I am over the moon. Next Christmas I'll be holding a grandchild. Whoa. Blow my mind.

Best wishes to you and Jordan - Happy 2011!