Monday, November 8, 2010

What's new, you ask?



It's been awhile since I did an "it's all about me" update so in case you're wondering what's new....here goes.

First of all, I'm ridiculously in love (as you have probably noticed from my recent posts the past three months).

Sigh. Life is amazing. And love the second time around is phenomenal.

Seriously, I do consistently have this stupid smile on my face, and I'm okay with that. I spent a long time wondering if I'd ever feel this way again, and trust me, I'm perfectly happy letting the world know that, indeed...I am happier than I've ever been.

We're busy planning our holidays and juggling spending time with both of our families. His family lives in Toledo so we'll be going north a few times over the next couple of months.

And then, of course....our Caribbean cruise in 132 days. Yay! You have no idea how excited I am about that.

So yeah, madly in love. See it, imagine it, believe it....and it will happen.

I've adjusted to the empty nest thing better than expected. I thought it would be a lot harder. Of course I spend a lot of time just assuming Jordan is in his dorm room studying. And not out partying. Until I see those FB posts about Everclear. Sigh.

Speaking of my favorite kid, he's home right now because he's been sick for like two weeks, and I finally made him go to Urgent Care yesterday. They are thinking gastritis or possibly an ulcer. Either of which can be contributed to/inflamed by excessive drinking. Hello college life! Looks like somebody I know and love better start taking better care of his health....

Work is work. Hopefully the busy/crazy/6 months of hell is over and this last two months of the year will be calm and stress free. Wait...gotta kick my positive thinking into play. This last two months of the year WILL BE calm and stress free! (And if it's not, there's always wine.)

My Mom is hanging in there. I can't believe she's still with us, truly I'm shocked. She's continually losing weight, and she kind of goes up and down mentally and physically. Hospice seems to be taking great care of her. This past week hasn't been a very good one for her, and yesterday she talked to me again about how she can't wait to wake up and be with my Dad again, and see her parents and her sister and of course, my sister Linda. And I want that for her. She has no quality of life anymore. We can't even take her out (even if she had the strength to help us get her in and out of a wheelchair) because she's on oxygen full time. She gets up long enough to go to the dining room and eat, and the rest of the time she is in bed sleeping. Literally, she sleeps for about 22 out of 24 hours a day. I just wish her body would let go. Her mind, her soul, her heart are ready to move on. And I want what she wants.

I was going to end this update with some pictures taken this past couple of months. Goofy stuff.  However Blogger seems to want to only post them sideways.  While I don't mind, I didn't want you to get a crick in your neck and blame it on me.  So I'll figure it out and post 'em next time.

God, I love this life I have created for myself.  Why on earth didn't I do it sooner??

20 comments:

dle said...

so happy for you!!!!

Christiejolu said...

I am so happy for you!!!

Dee said...

You sound so damn happy! Good for you girl!!

Coffeypot said...

I'm glad you can be happy with someone besides me. Your Loss!

Seriously it's good to read the smile in your comments.

Fragrant Liar said...

My heart is filled with joy for you. Seriously, you so deserve the great life you've made for yourself. Big hugs.

gayle said...

So happy to hear you are so happy with your boyfriend!!

Gaston Studio said...

You just weren't ready for it; now you are!

LeeAnn said...

The "happy" just oozes from your every word! I'm soooooo glad for you, you just can't imagine!! You certainly deserve it.

dana said...

TEN YEARS AGO, as I was driving home from work, this stupid song came on the radio at THE EXACT MOMENT I realized "JOE LOVES ME!".

Hey...I'm slow to pick up on things.

I immediately popped both hands over my mouth like that idiot Culkin kid. I mean, I WAS SHOCKED!!

Then this idiotic grin came over my face and I could FEEL something again besides despair!

IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! (and I was 49)

Do you remember me telling you YEARS ago that when you gave up, it would happen??? DO YOU??? HUH???

The stupid song was by THE ROLLING STONES: "you don't always get what you want...but if you have the time...you'll find...YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED!

Now, every time I hear that song, my heart LEAPS!

Dr. Penny said...

No, Dana, she got what she wanted, in spades. She figured out that no one is doling out the good stuff while she is standing behind some door. She now knows that she makes it all happen. Now we have to make sure she keeps practicing this creating stuff and doesn't lose track of how to believe in the perfection of absolutely everything, including Mom. You have arrived to the remembering stage at precisely the right time, my friend!!! Loving you always......

Danica said...

I've over the moon happy for you. You deserve this!

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I am really happy life is so good for you right now!!! I love it! Sounds like things are going exceptionally well with the boyfriend. You deserve this happiness.

Joanie M said...

It's wonderful that you're so happy. Yeah, the second time around can be pretty great!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, Julie, I love you! I'm so, so happy for you. You're proof that you really can manifest what you desire, and the first step is believing it can happen. The second is believing you deserve it. And you do!

Here's to your continued happy life, and prayers to your mom. XOXO

Ellen said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom, I remember going through that with mine, BUT - I'm thrilled that you have that special grin!!!! I also remember it well! You certainly deserve it. Enjoy it and wear it to the fullest!! I'm really happy for you.

baypolar said...

I love that you are so happy.
:)

Velveteen Rabbit said...

Julie what a wonderful post....

Love certainly as a 'grown-up', is astounding, sadly I discovered it with a man who wasn't mine to love..but hey ho, we've covered enough of that ground, but I do so envy you your 'in-loveness' :) wonderful stuff.

As for your Mum, its hard to witness isn't it.....I lost my Mum 4 weeks ago and although I am so so sad I am relieved she is finally at peace.

Much love x

f1trey said...

lots goin on huh?! :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so thrilled that you've found love again. This time, it sounds like it's better than the first time. I want that as well so you've given me hope.

You're spending time with his family too? That's a sweet sign!

jaded said...

I beleive a LOT in destiny. So this was the time for you.
I hear you on your mother. I am starting to feel that way for my grandmother. She is getting ready to go. I even dreamt that my grandfather was speaking with her. He's been dead for over 20yrs, so that dream was the confirmation that it is very close at hand and she will be going home.