Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I think this was written just for me.

Funny how the road twists and turns in life.  But thank God for the ride!




I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

But now I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you







Think it, see it, say it.  BELIEVE IT. 

Done!

7 comments:

Rebecka said...

Reading this makes me envious and encouraged at the same time.
You deserve good things and I'm glad that you find them.

The Retired One said...

Sounds like someone is madly in love! Good for you, I am so happy for you.

Dr. Penny said...

And to think the grand plan is YOUR plan!!! You have been on the right road all this time and it wasn't broken, it was just full of the bumps you needed to be who you are today. You have always deserved to love yourself and be loved, you just didn't know it!! Love you.......

gayle said...

So happy for you!!

Joanie M said...

That was lovely!

Helen said...

Rock on, Julie ... rock on!

AirmanMom said...

I recently read a blog post, which was all about the 'what if's' in life. 'What if' I took that job, instead of this one, 'What if' I moved here instead of there and so on...
It is my belief, things do work out as they are meant to be. Sometimes it is best to simply hang on and enjoy the ride. You, my friend are the perfect example of how things work out because they are meant to be.
You are meant to be happy!
Yay!
Love and hugs....
~AM