Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Am I reading this right?

Proofreading is a dying art, isn't it?


Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter
It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!!

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
No kidding, really?

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
Now that's taking things a bit far!

Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
Does his wife know this??

Miners Refuse to Work after Death
No-good-for-nothing lazy sonsabitches.

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
Well, let's see if that works any better than a fair trial!

War Dims Hope for Peace
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
Ya think?!

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
Well at least they didn't blame this one on Obama.

Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
Brilliant detective work!

Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
You mean there's something stronger than duct tape?

Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge
Dude, he probably IS the battery charge now!

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
A size 22 just ain't what it used to be.

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
That's what he gets for eating those beans!

Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
Chainsaw Massacre all over again!

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
Boy, are they tall!

And the winner is....

Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
Excuse me?

11 comments:

Velveteen Rabbit said...

Oh you just gotta laugh :P thanks for the morning chuckle x

Amy, Woman Exploding said...

Nice headlines to start the week. I feel like it's a Monday because of the holiday!
cheers...

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Great Post!!

~Tam

FRANNIE said...

I think some of that 'Red Tape' is what's holding up the bridges in New England.

Coffeypot said...

These are great, my kinda post. But the miners one had me laughing out loud for a few minutes. Caught me off guard, it did.

♥Georgie♥ said...

Oh my...I just dont even know what to say! is it wrong that i LOL'd at some of them?

RiverPoet said...

Just hilarious! I especially like the 7-foot doctors!

D

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

OMG!! I was totally cracking up when I was readig these.

Danica said...

OMG I laughed so hard on this!!!! I needed it!

bpotw said...

I do wonder sometimes what goes through the heads of editors, if anything.

AirmanMom said...

It appears THINKING, has become a lost art.
~AM