Monday, August 9, 2010

Maggie and Pappy birthdays....for the 29th year in a row.

So on this day, I usually post something like THIS to wish my Dad and my niece Maggie a happy birthday.

This year, Dad would have been 87 today, and Maggie is 29. Gasp! Twenty nine? How is that possible???

Maggie always had birthday cakes that said "Happy Birthday, Maggie and Pappy" and my Dad loved sharing his birthday with her.


Ah, those were the days. Dad loved all his grandchildren, but I think he and Maggie were especially close. He never enjoyed birthdays so much as he did after she was born on his.

The birthday girl had a dinner party last night and being the true princess that she is, she wore her crown:


If Daddy had been there, he'd have worn one right along with her.

Happy birthday, Dad. I love you and miss you every single day. Make Linda buy you a beer today.

And happy birthday, Maggie. I'm so proud of you, you are such a beautiful woman in every way....and I couldn't love you more if you were my daughter instead of my niece.

Party on, rock stars.

10 comments:

Velveteen Rabbit said...

Wonderful pictures :) wonderful words. Happy Birthday to Maggie and Pappy x

♥Georgie♥ said...

what a sweet Post Julie....great photos and a Happy Birthday to maggie and your pappy!

Oz Girl said...

Happy birthday to Maggie... love the pics. I know what you mean... I miss my dad terribly!

Danica said...

Ah happy birthday to Maggie and your dad!

gayle said...

Great pictures Julie!! I know you must miss your dad so much!!

AirmanMom said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!
Happy Birthday, Maggie!
I know what you mean...my 2nd daughter was born 2 days after my Dad's birthday-he LOVED sharing his birthday with her (He so wanted me to deliver on his birthday!)
Thanks for sharing this great post!
~AM

Helen said...

This is a lovely tribute ... love your blog header photo ~ great puzzle!

Anonymous said...

Между прочим, не зря блогоньюс считается местом для сбора всего самого увлекательного. [URL=http://blogonews.net]Самое интересное[/URL] - несомненно правильное название ресурса.

Anonymous said...

In any motherland maximum of determined military units promised in diving, there are also groups of sundry, utilized benefit of domestic functions. They are in most cases, rescue services, but also with the construction of cut facilities and buildings, or in water. Training of these professionals include periodically run a diving lecture, but also how to conduct a deliverance operation supervised ditch-water, and the ways and principles of adept and safe, meet orders submarines. Divers specialize in these units, and unfluctuating situations are selected in the interdependence of the needs and functions to create. Working in teams is a weight of such rickety and requires interminable improvement of individual skills. This ensures a dialect trig, organized scuba diving instruction, led by the most sagacious diving instructors who can brag of a long-standing practice in this charge, and numerous successes and records. Some of them vamoose the employ and using the self-employed workout, train enthusiasts of the far-off ways of spending extra time.
Mike [url=http://www.hotdive.dogory.pl]Kurs nurkowania[/url]

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I love this post! Your dad looks like the epitome of a swell guy.