Thursday, July 1, 2010

No news is good news, I guess.


Nothing new to report on the Mom Situation today.

She is officially under hospice care as of today. We had a little bit of a hold up at the nursing home waiting on her doctor there to come in and "approve" it. Unfortunately he was in no hurry to do so until my sister went ballistic had a few words with the Director of Nursing today. They got right on it, and Dr. Fucktard miraculously decided he didn't need to take time out of his day to come and see her after all, he just approved it.

I know we all feel better knowing they will be taking care of her now. She's still eating a little bit (but requires a lot of encouragement from us and the staff to do so), and her only complaint is that she wants "that damn catheter" out. So we'll see what the hospice nurse says about that.

At this point we are just taking it day by day, nothing else we can do. I have a constant feeling in the pit of my stomach that won't go away (I think they call that dread), and every time the phone rings I take a deep breath before answering, knowing that at any time the call is going to come that she's taken that final turn for the worse.

I don't know, she may surprise us all. We had her down for the count last September and she rallied back and is still here nine months later. You never know with her, hell she might outlive us all.

I probably won't do much posting over the weekend, so I wish you all a very happy July 4th. Be safe out there.

4 comments:

B said...

I love the sweet photos you are posting!

krismn said...

Julie-
I have been following your blog for sometime and I dont comment very often, but I wanted to with what you are going thru with your Mom. We are the same age and I lost my Mom just 3yrs ago at only 68. My Mom was a smoker her entire life and ended up with COPD, which is a horrible disease. I know what you are going thru with the roller coaster of emotions, for 3 yrs everytime the phone rang I thought this was it but she kept pulling through until her body could not take anymore and I was with her when she took her last breath. My heart breaks for you and your family right now, the waiting and the unknown can be unbearable at times. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and as difficult as it is right now, please take care of yourself too. Hugs Kris

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

My goodness!! This was my life for over a year with my mom until we lost her in February this year.

Man, reading this brings all that back. All the sadness and dread. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now.

*big hug*

LV said...

Julie, sorry to hear your mother is in such a place. My sister works in one and that is not a good place to have to go. Whatever happens, just know it is not always our will that is done. Take care.