Thursday, June 3, 2010

Seriously? Who does this?

This is a sign posted in the tanning bed rooms at the place I go....and it's over the trash can:


Say what?

With my curiosity piqued, I asked them if this was *really* an issue (I actually thought this might be a joke)....and turns out, yes it is.

And the signs don't deter people from peeing AND/OR pooping in the trash can.

Let me say that again....IN THE TRASH CAN.

I just have to ask...........why?????? And who does this?

How bad do you have to go to the bathroom that you can't hold it for the 10 seconds it takes to get down the hall to an actual toilet?????????

Do people suddenly get the urge to go in the middle of tanning, and rather than stop the bed early, they jump out, pop a squat over the trash can, and get right back in before their 15 minutes of fake sun is over?

Hell why not just pee on the tanning bed while you're in there. The heat will probably evaporate it, and they have to clean the beds off between customers anyway.

What's the weirdest sign or thing you've seen recently?

11 comments:

The Retired One said...

Their leather faces and bodies deserve whatever diseases they contact in that hot coffin they lay in to try to tan if they are doing this gross act!!....
(I used to use tanning beds, but as a nurse, I found out the damage they do)--please people..is that brown tan worth getting scarred forever with the skin cancer you are going to get?

Helen said...

Dear, Dear Julie .....

Please, do not subject your beautiful skin to the horror of a tanning bed. They do more damage than any other method of tanning.

PS...I am on an official summer blog break, but I could not in good conscience not plead with you to stop. My scarred face should be enough evidence. Four on my face alone with four more on other body parts. And, I will most likely more as the years pass. Yes, I did the tanning bed thing too.

Coffeypot said...

Must be some Michigan Alum's tanning there. Used the pot at WalMart (not my favorite thing, but when you gotta, ya gotta) and someone wiped their butts with their fingers and scrapped it on the stall wall. Alabaman's I bet.

Dr. Penny said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL----OMG, WTF, over! I can't top that and I am not even going to try.........

laura said...

Just too gross! I love to shop second hand stores and my local Salvation Army had one of those signs in the dressing room. I never put my purse on the floor and I had a hell of a time trying to keep my shoeless feet from touching the floor too (I would stand on top of my shoes!!

gayle said...

Yuck!! The should never be able to come back!!!!

Under the Influence said...

Um, maybe you find a new tanning salon?

Julie said...

My DH used to work part time at Lifetime Fitness in Minneapolis. They had a mystery pooper...and it was a woman! She would either leave a pile in the shower or in a garbage can in the locker room. They finally figured out who it was, but they could never prove it since obviously there are no cameras in the locker rooms. How gross!

Allison said...

Wow--that is totally disturbing.

My favorite sign I've ever seen was in Tempe, Arizona. There was a sign at the crosswalk that said, "Walk for Inner Peace" and had a picture of someone (the little stick person on the "walk" sign) with their legs crossed meditating.

The most recent one I've seen, though, was at the toilets in a building at work. There's a sign that says "Pull handle up for #1; push handle down for #2"

Carol said...

lol...I needed a laugh!
Does make you wonder though should you be in that place at all? if they need to put a sign like that up!
Cx

Vegas Linda Lou said...

There's nothing that surprises me anymore. Shaking my head...