Friday, April 2, 2010

I Need A Vacation...Part Two.


If I can direct your attention to the right of my blog, you will see a countdown clock.

Yes, my friends, I'm headed back to Sin City.

Back to the land of all beach and no ocean. But there are palm trees. And hot sun. And...pools.

Leaving May 16th, staying at Planet Hollywood where all the cool kids stay and coming back May 22nd. And hopefully spending some time with my BFF the fabulous Linda Lou while I'm out there.

I'm ready for a vacation. Mama needs her cocktails by the pool.

In other news, not so good...

My ex's uncle passed away last night. Makes me very sad. He was a very sweet, hilarious man (think Benny Hill not only in looks but personality) and he will be greatly missed. I'll be heading to Canada next week for the funeral.

Also next week, on Tuesday I'm taking Jordan to the University of Cincinnati so we can meet with advisors and stuff about him starting in the fall. I've never been to the campus so I'm excited to see it, and see where my baby will be living for the next four years. (Shut up, I'm ignoring the fact that he isn't going to be living with me. It's not denial, I'm just selective about the reality I accept.)

Hope you all have a fabulous Easter. Anybody got big plans?

14 comments:

ModernMom said...

Oh your next few months are going to fly by. Have fun checking out the campus!

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Safe travels.

Christiejolu said...

"Vegas Baby!"-Swingers

Have fun on your trip.

I am sorry for your loss.

Ellen said...

I'm also sorry for your loss, we had a death in the family 2 weeks ago and it can be so painful. On the lighter side, VEGAS! My son is taking the whole family to Las Vegas for the Mother's Day weekend. Can't wait either.

Lorna said...

My plans involve getting together with the kids, shoving a basket of peeps at them, and saying, ok, now let's make dioramas! (for kicks, Google easter peeps)...your Vegas plans sound much more interesting.

Sorry for your loss too.

Secretia said...

You have 43 nights to put some beauty sleep in the bank. In Sin City there is little time for napping at all!

Secretia

Coffeypot said...

I wish for you a great time and that you get luck ten or twenty times. And thay you get to gamble some, too.

Kelly L said...

I visited Planet Hollywood recently - love love love their mall - you can spend days there and not see everything.. They also have a cute dog and cat show.. for something budget priced and entertaining..

Love to you!
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

AirmanMom said...

Sorry for your loss.
Cincinnati is a fun little town, we saw a baseball game there last summer...crossed the river into Covington. It's not easy to let go!
Vegas sounds like fun!!! Let the countdown continue.
~AM

Coloradolady said...

Good luck at the college, what a whole new world for him and you! It might be tough at first, but it works itself out! I am ready for vacation too! Can't come soon enough!

jaded said...

oh what fun! i am so excited for you. vegas is soooo much fun and i miss it so badly. live it up as i'm sure you always do.

i am very sorry for your loss, may this be a reprieve.

jaded said...

oh what fun! i am so excited for you. vegas is soooo much fun and i miss it so badly. live it up as i'm sure you always do.

i am very sorry for your loss, may this be a reprieve.

gayle said...

You are going to have so much fun in Vegas!!

So sorry to hear about the death of a loved one. It is always so hard.

Danica said...

Have fun in Vegas! We're flying home from Vegas on the 22nd as well!

Good luck to Jordan at UC!

Sorry to hear about the death in your exs family. So sad. :-(

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I promise we'll get together while you're here!