Friday, April 9, 2010

I need to stop. Soon. OK maybe not yet.

I'm itching for another tattoo.

I know, I know, I just got one in February.

And I have four now.

But I want another one. Two more, actually.

So you know I want one on my foot, right? Well, a couple of weeks ago I was cleaning my garage out, and found a "book" that the guests at my wedding shower (in 2003, mind you) wrote words of marital advice in.

One of those guests was, of course, my sister Linda, who died a few months after I got married.

Part of her advice said "Live life, love, and be happy".  

And that's what I plan to have tattooed on my foot, in her handwriting. I think that will be amazing to have some of her last words of advice to me, her little sister, in her own writing, for the rest of my life.

I also want a tattoo on the inside of my left wrist.  I'm still thinking I want this puzzle piece....
I love that, and it has meaning for a couple of reasons, such as, looking for my "missing piece", and this blog of course. Even when I no longer write it (still waiting on that offer of $60k for it, peeps. C'mon....who's got the extra cash?) I will always remember the many friends I met here and the joy it brought me to be part of this crazy blog world.

I'm trying to fight off the urge, but I feel a call to Sweet Baby Octane and the only man who ever touches my body these days, D Willy, coming on.

Maybe next week. Gotta wait on flip flop weather to get the foot one anyway.

13 comments:

Soxy Deb said...

I'm with you. It's terribly addicting isn't it? I love the idea of your sisters words to you too. It's very poetic.

I want at least one more. A cross with a rosary. The cross inside my left wrist and the rosary to wrap around my wrist then criss cross on the front of my wrist and wrap around my middle finger. I would have used my ring finger, but, well it's being used for something else right now. But by the time I can afford it, that ring finger may not be being used. Who knows?

ModernMom said...

I guess what the say IS true. Getting tats is addictive!
I love the idea of your sisters words on your foot. Go for it!

mrs. forst said...

I have to say I think its so cool that you have the guts to get them. I want one but I don't think I will ever get one!! I think that is a very nice idea.

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

Oh your gonna LOVE your foot tattoo. I have one and adore it everyday!!!!! Cant wait to see pics :)

IronBear said...

Me too. I've added to my simple mem tat for my wife and now it covers my entire lower left leg. Next is my right leg for my mom. Then, who knows? lol

LeeAnn said...

You are a brave one! I've wanted one for a long time,but no guts!! hahaha The idea of your foot is great- what a beautiful way to memorialize your sister.

sheila said...

I love the idea of her handwriting and her words. I think that is BEAUTIFUL!

gayle said...

I too have hear it is addicting!! I love the ideas of both the puzzle piece and your sisters words. Maybe one of those should be your mother's day present to yourself.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I like this one a lot. The puzzle piece is also the reminder of Autism. I have a piece of jewelry with a puzzle piece...from the National Autistic Walk.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Don't let me hear you're dating Jesse James.

Trisha R Jackson said...

I totally thought that picture was you :).

I really want a tattoo someday. Unfortunately, I have permanent ones right around my belly now so I'll have to wait until those go away :)

dana said...

You just gave me an idea: If I'd get all my stretch marks tattoo'd black, I could be the next new-wave fad: looking like a zebra.

I just hope the crust and ick falls off before you're at MY house.

Ace said...

My daughter wants me to pay for her first tattoo for her 18th birthday this summer....and get another one with her (not matching). I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what I'd get. I love your little puzzle piece. Maybe by July I can come up with something about Paint Splotches.