Monday, April 26, 2010

Hang in there, buddy.


After losing a sister to a massive brain bleed and stroke, I hate to hear of this happening to anyone.

Especially my Rock of Love.

I've been a Bret Michaels fan since the 80's and Poison, and I've enjoyed seeing him have a "resurgence" of fame this past few years with Rock of Love etc.

And you know I'm wanting him to win Celebrity Apprentice.

I truly pray that he survives whatever is going on with him right now and is able to go on and live a full and productive life. Unfortunately, I know it's bad, because I recognize too many of the doctor's words to think that this is going to have a happy ending.

But I sure hope it will. I really, really do.

12 comments:

Janie said...

ditto to all you said... hoping for the best

Vegas Linda Lou said...

This is heartbreaking. When you see him on interviews, you know he's just the greatest guy, a real family man. You gotta wonder, what kind of god lays this on Bret Michaels instead of Jesse James?

blueviolet said...

He has really had a tough time lately, hasn't he? Poor guy!

Coffeypot said...

I do, too, hon. Praying for him.

Violet said...

My heart just broke when I saw the headline about Bret. I didn't really know much about him until I saw bits and pieces of Rock of Love but I just love him now that he's been on Celebrity Apprentice. Still girl crazy, still a bit plain-ol'-crazy, but sweet and compassionate and passionate and obviously very loving.

He's also a bit of a hero because he has type I diabetes. My 15 year old niece does, too, and it's been great to see him living his life with such passion - on his own terms while still managing his diabetes.

I pray he recovers and recovers well.

Becky the Design Lady said...

I knew who he is, but really never been a fan until seeing him on Celebrity Apprentice.
Who knew that under all the rocker hype is a smart, warm and very decent guy?
I really hope he gets better soon.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Rock on,Bret!! Please!

sandy said...

This is sad news. But there are miracles. My daughter recently received treatment for an aneurysm in a hospital in AZ and she is doing wonderfully!

Tara said...

I agree with what Linda said. I was so bummed when I heard this, especially after he actually booked a concert date in Columbus this year after skipping us last year. I miss the days of summer Poison concerts every year at Polaris Amphitheater. Those were some good summers.....

Danica said...

:-( So terribly sad. I hope he recovers.

Jean Maurie (angelsloveyou) said...

He's been through a lot and we're definitely praying for him.

AirmanMom said...

it is sad news...
I believe he has been upgraded to stable, but still in the ICU. Prayers are lifted.
~AM