Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So far, so good. 49 is a winner!

My birthday was really great yesterday. Thank you for all of your good wishes and thoughts. And your many "fuck beige" comments. LOL

I had a cazillion birthday comments on Facebook, that was fun. Who knew I had so many friends? Some of which I don't even know?

And my son, who we all know is The Best Kid Ever, sent me these:



Then, if that wasn't enough, he organized a surprise party for me at one of my favorite restaurants with my sisters and some very dear friends. AND he bought my dinner AND made me drink two glasses of wine in the process. LOL

This whole thing with him being an adult and having his own income is working out really well for me now! Thanks, buddy, for taking care of your momma and giving her a wonderful birthday. I did something right in raising you!

And then the topper to my birthday though, was to get the news from my dear friend Sue (you might remember her story in this post) that she is able to have the surgery she needs to keep the liver cancer at bay and give her some very precious time with her family. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and collective good thoughts for her. It worked!!!!!

So far, 49 is starting out really well. Wouldn't it be great if that was the worst day I'll have this year? That's something to hope for, isn't it?

13 comments:

The Retired One said...

Such good news about your friend! And, I am so glad you had a great birthday..you deserve it!

Joanie M said...

So glad you had such an awesome birthday!

Tana said...

I am so glad that you had a great birthday and such good news on your friend.

Lizzy and Elle said...

Happy Birthday...had to say it to be in with all those unknown friends on facebook. I am now your friend, just because I said it. I think we all have those friends...

'who the hell are you'?...and thanks

NV said...

You don't know ME either but Happy belated birthday anyway! :-)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

The only hear I had difficulty with was 30. After that...it has been a piece of cake. Sounds like your birthday was a good day. Happy 49th sweetie...enjoy your year.

Kelly L said...

Very glad you had a great time!

Love to you
Kelly

Danica said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! You deserved it!

LeeAnn said...

So glad you had a good birthday. That's wonderful. Here's to a good rest of the year.

Velveteen Rabbit said...

I have just started following your blog :) so i will wish you a very happy birthday!
I AM 49 and have survived! Perhaps you will help me survive the next one :) with your lovely upbeat wit and humour!

VR x

Christiejolu said...

I am so glad your friend can get her surgery!

It is great you had a happy Bday! You have a great kid because you made him that way! Job well done! pat yourself on the back!

sheila said...

Glad it was happy! Lovely gift from your son! Isn't it great when they have their own money and buy GOOD stuff with it? Awesome!

gayle said...

So glad you had a perfect bday! It is great to have working kids!!