Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have one word for you, son.....

Vicodin.

Jordan is having his wisdom teeth removed today, and as most of us know who have had this done....it's not that much fun.

Translation: Sucks a big one.

I've never been a fan of going to the dentist, and therefore my oral surgeon and I were not the best of friends. After I had my wisdom teeth removed, my face was twice it's size and bruised, and I couldn't move my mouth for a week.

Fortunately that was 30 years ago, and technology has advanced since then.

Regardless, Jordan's oral surgeon has given him a Vicodin prescription, some sort of steriod to keep the swelling down, and an antibiotic to ward off infection.

I'm off work today to take care of him, but I'll be back tomorrow, maybe even with a few pictures snapped while he's sleeping, just to annoy the crap out of him. I'll keep him drugged up and maybe even video him if he's rambling incoherently, just for the fun of it.

I probably just lost Mother of the Year with that statement. Sigh.

11 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

LOL...you are so bad. I hate it for your son. I had mine removed 30+ years ago and the novacaine had not taken effect. What a nightmare.

Homesick Cajun said...

Lol...my husband had to have a couple of teeth pulled a few months ago. I've never seen him even slightly drunk so to see him high as hell from the sedation they gave him was hilarious!! (the man does NOT take meds unless he's almost dead lol)

I have never laughed so hard in my life! He talked so much shit, and kept repeating himself!! Lol...we stopped at Sonic so I could get him some ice cream (had to have something on his stomach in order to take his meds) so I could tRy to get him to take his meds when we got home, girl he was like a 5 year old dancing in the truck when I gave him his ice cream, all he kept saying was "snickers blast, snickers blast...oh this is soooo goooood!"

Whew...still cracks me up just to think about it. I hope that your son makes it through the visit with as little pain as possible!! (You should def take a video camera! I wish I would have!! haha

Danica said...

LMAO!!!! You are so terrible!!!

I had little pain and no brusing when I had mine done about 10 years ago. Infact by the next morning I was eating cold pizza!!

Good luck Jordan!

The Retired One said...

Be careful..Vico is addictive!!

LeeAnn said...

I hope it's not too bad on him (or you). HAve a good day!

Caution Flag said...

I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the video!

Violet said...

Vicodin is good shit, man.

Good luck to Jordan - even with excellent drugs, the next few days won't be pleasant.

Dr. Penny said...

Ouch. Steroids and antibiotics on top of it? Ouch again. Give him a kiss for me............

Tara said...

Lol love a Vicodin here and there. I had my wisdom teeth pulled right around this time last year. NO FUN! But good drugs to get through it, so I guess it all balances out in the long run :)

Julie said...

I hope he does well! I work for an oral surgeon, so I've definitely seen it all! It's always the best watching the patients come out of sedation. Hilarity almost always ensues! :)

Make sure he takes his pain meds and steroids (ibuprofen is great, too) on a regular schedule - even if he isn't having pain. It's easier to prevent it than get rid of it once it starts. Good luck to him! I can't wait to see the video! Ha!

Fragrant Liar said...

The vikes should take a bite outta the pain. Heh, heh.