Friday, March 5, 2010

400 people love me, weight loss and "who" is exercising????

Yay!  I have 400 followers!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you to my six new peeps....I will try to keep your attention and make following me worth your while!

In other news....



I'm firmly back on Weight Watchers! Yay! As you know last year between April and October I lost 35 lbs, but I'm sad to report that once the holidays hit I fell off the wagon BIG TIME.

Gained back 8 of it. Mooooooooooooooooooo.

I have dicked around since January, half assed on plan during the week and then inhaling everything in sight on weekends.

Stella could not get her groove back to save her life.

But I'm happy to say that I officially restarted on March 1st...and get this....

I'm even exercising!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right? Who said that????

Yep, I joined Jazzercise.

I'm *that* old.

Let me tell you, I had no idea how out of shape I was til I was in class, and the other little old chubby ladies were kicking my ass.

It was humbling to say the least.

But I've discovered I enjoy going, and working up a sweat for an hour, and it's motivated me to stay on plan every day, and I've lost 2 lbs this week already. YAY ME!

Only six more to go to get back to where I left off in early November.

And then only 40 more to go to get to my goal weight.

Clearly I'm not going to be the hot mama I planned to be come March 22nd when I turn 49...but at least I'll be back on my way to becoming her!

Happy Friday!  What's your big plans for the weekend?

24 comments:

Amy Lombardi said...

Good for you! I'm a WW Lifetime member. I know the feeling of just getting a point and saying "enough is enough". Good luck!

AirmanMom said...

Good job! You will be fabulous at 49! Keep up the good work!!!
~AM

What's this Hinky Shit? said...

I go to Jazzercise classes as well. It's surprising what a lil dancing will do. I walk out sore and sweaty...but feel fabulous about it. Keep it up!

Deborah said...

Congratulations on your 400th post...I hit 100 again for the third time LOL
I should start to jazzercise. Sounds like fun!
Deborah

LeeAnn said...

Woo Hoo ya made it to 400!! Good for you!! Congrats on the weight loss this week. Jazzercise is fun - I did it several years ago (I should do it again).

Tara said...

YAY you for getting back on track!! Sadly, no good weekend plans to report here........

dcr said...

congrats on exercising!! it keeps me sane...and then i get to eat more chocolate.

keep it up!

The Retired One said...

Congrats on your 400 followers, that is awesome!
And for keeping most of your weight off and climbing back on the wagon. I admire you and wish you the BEST!

anne h said...

That's cuz you areAwesome!

Secretia said...

You can still be a hot mama, you Know You Can!

Secretia

Danica said...

I'm proud of you! Way to go!!!! You can do it. :-)

Fragrant Liar said...

Woot woot! You are back in the trenches, working out in the gym! Excellent. It takes guts to get back out there after being away for so long. You'll get to your goal weight, and even if you're not there by March 22, you're still rocking it at 49. Oh yes you are!

習慣一人 said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。........................................

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I need to love some weight. Your post is very inspirational. I guess March 6th isn't too late to start. Better late than never....

Trisha R Jackson said...

How exciting! You can do it, I'm confident in you :).

I'll be back into WW post C-section, as a way to keep myself on track with eating. Exercise was never my problem but eating like crap was!

Southern Sage said...

I am finding all ur losing!!

good luck on the weight loss.

Ace said...

Had to laugh about the "other chubby little old ladies kicking your butt." For me, that OMG moment happened when I was doing my thing on the local walking path and I got lapped by 70 year olds. :P

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--well done on all of the hard work. I entirely know where you're coming from, too--I gained about five pounds over Christmas, and there are many women who whoop my butt in the guy everytime.

ModernMom said...

Good for you! Jazzercise will always be a classic go to and so much fun!

Helen said...

I support your efforts 1000%! And I am using you for inspiration now.
Lost, gained, lost and gained ~ not a healthy way for me to live!

Joanna Cake said...

Well done you! Can I just recommend yoga as well - for inner peace and a good work-out.

Im two weeks younger than you and I've done so many different classes, but this is the one that is really improving my core muscle tone.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Four hundred followers??? What can that possibly feel like! My blog wants to be like your blog when it grows up.

Congratulations, Julie! You have all those followers for a reason--you're fabulous!

gayle said...

400plus followers wow!!
Congrats on the weight loss and working out!!

jaded said...

Julie it's all about getting right back on the wagon. I know a lot of people that speak very highly about WW. You've got it in you to continue to succeed. So you gained 8...you previously lost 35!!!

Now get back on the wagon!!!