Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Loving Memory



Linda Kay (Reeg) Greissinger
January 7, 1950 to February 18, 2004


If we could have a conversation today, it would go something like this:

Linda: Jewel, why are you so sad?

Me: Well, because you're in heaven, and not here. Duhhhhh.

Linda: Well if I were there, you know what I'd do to cheer you up...

Me: Oh hell no. You are NOT still doing that up there, are you?

Linda: Yes I am!

Me: (((groans loudly))))

Linda begins to sing...badly.   The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun....
Me: No, stop! LOL  :::::holding my ears::::

Linda: (((at full volume)))  Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're always a day away!!!!!
Me:   Sweet Jesus, I thought you people up in heaven had angelic voices???  I see some things never change!

It's been six years today since you had to leave us, and yet sometimes it feels like just yesterday you sang that song to me every time I was having a bad day.  But then it feels like forever ago that I sang it as I eulogized you, because we were all having a really bad day.  And I knew you were watching, and laughing at my bad singing voice, and smiling because you couldn't believe I had to balls to even do it.

I could not possibly love or miss you more.

Love, your baby sister.

21 comments:

sheila said...

Oh, that gave me tears. Nice post.

Apryl said...

I am so sorry, and you guys look SO alike!

I feel your pain this month, as my dad's b-day would have been last week and he's been gone 3 years now.

She sounds like she was a great lady ;-)

Danica said...

I got the tears flowing now. Sending hugs and love. I'd sing for you but it would be off key. :)

Middle Aged Woman Blogging said...

Something tells me you have conversations with her all the time. I feel the love!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

That was such a sweetly humorous post. I could almost hear you guys having that conversation. I lost my brother a long time ago...and still have those kinds of weird conversations with him.

Christiejolu said...

(Through tears) I am very sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful person!

Good luck with your tattoos today!

hopefuls #1 said...

What a sweet post. I had chills from my head all the way down to my toes while reading this.

It's very sweet

I don't know what I would do without my siblings or my parents or my husband... So very sad...

Linda Medrano said...

I am so very sorry for your pain. Losing a sister is not something I can even ponder. This was so sweet, funny, and touching. thank you for sharing!

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

A very sweet and touching post. A lovely memory, made funnier by the obviously BAD singing! And it makes you smile...xxx

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Wow,you singing at her funeral,that's REAL love,it shows that your heart is bigger than you want most to see. Your a grand lady.

Madmother said...

I just found your blog (Thanks Frannie) and wow, what a first post to hit on. Laughed and cried all within 60 seconds.

Off to follow...

Southern Sage said...

sucks for sure. excellent tribute though!

Lisa said...

Thinking of you, Julie. She sounds like she was one awesome woman :)

LeeAnn said...

Aaaaawwww... Julie! What a nice (and sad) post. I can still hear her say "Oh, Julie!" to you when we'd do some of the crazy things we'd do as kids (matter of fact I can hear your dad too). Find comfort in knowing that she is watching over you now.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

That was just SO lovely. Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute! Hope you get through today, and that you're better tomorrow!

Coffeypot said...

Bless You Both!

Coffeypot said...

Bless You Both!

Donna B said...

Oh man...i hpe i can type with the tears in my eyes. I have this huge lump in my throat...my sister is so precious to me, as I see your sister was to you. Very touching post.

gayle said...

I know how you feel. My dad passed away in 1998 and my mom in 1968 and you never get over the pain..some days it's better than others and some days it is like it just happened.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

That's a great picture of your sister. She looks like such a sweet person. XOXO

jaded said...

Lovely post. It made me miss her (as if i knew her) and laugh at the same time. I'm glad you and her could share that song together. 6 years, and you still feel the same...wow. Love is something else.