Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, it's back to work after 10 days off....


I have to say, I've enjoyed my vacation. I was already taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off anyway because I had time from the year that I hadn't used up, but then my boss decided to close down the office and let us all have the time off.

I almost got used to sleeping in. I'm the kind of girl who is up at 7am even when I don't have to be. So I've gotten used to waking up, looking at the clock and thinking "I don't have to get up!" and falling back asleep! I slept in til 10am today, which is usually unheard of for me.

But tomorrow it's back to being up at 7:30. Sigh. Oh well.

I'm just thankful to have a job to go to!!!!

My holidays were good, pretty quiet but I like it that way. Did all the family stuff over Christmas, then celebrated Jordan's birthday two days later (and bought myself this), and didn't do a damn thing for New Year's Eve other than watch The Hangover (finally...am I the last person in America to see it? Thought it was "okay", expected to be laughing my ass off throughout the movie and instead just chuckled a few times). New Year's Day brought my beloved Buckeyes a Rose Bowl victory, and today my excitement was waking up to frozen cold water pipes, and spending the day insulating them in an effort to prevent that from happening again!

It's been a good holiday season, but I'm glad it's over and a new year has begun. 2009 was pretty good for me, and I have every confidence that 2010 is going to be even better. I'm recommitted to my diet as of tomorrow morning (I let myself slack off during the holidays....not going crazy but not actually counting points either) and my first goal for this year is to lose the remaining 40 lbs that I didn't lose last year. I'm also looking in to ways to market my real estate business so I can close a lot more deals this year and pay off my bills. I'm ready to do some travelling! And I can't do that until the debt from my condo fiasco of three years ago gets paid off.

What are your goals for 2010? Share some of them with me....

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually have a full week of work after 2 short weeks, it's going to feel like a very long week.
My goal for 2010 is to spoil my new grandson as much as possible.
Cassie

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I know you can make those goals happen, Jules. Btw, I thought of you knowing that Ohio was playing in the Rose Bowl. I'm glad that it was a sweet victory for you.

My goals..#one...to find a job. Plus, hopefully, this is the year when I become hitched to my Boo. I'm also keeping fingers crossed for the book to be published. Lots of hopes but I won't call them resolutions.

chocdrop said...

I had two short weeks. I too am thankful for just having a job. I hate to admit it....but I am ready to go back to work. I think it keeps me a bit more upbeat.

Noelle said...

this year is going to be about me. finally. i've finally realized that putting myself last every. single. time. hasn't done anyone any good. i think my kids are gonna be ok with it but the husband? not so much. he'll either get on board or he can jump off.

good for you on that last 40 pounds! i'm looking at 90 and today was my first day and i already feel empowered!

gayle said...

You have some great goals!! I need to stop for a few minutes and really think about mine...I do want to lose weight and work out more...not sure about going back to weight watchers cause I've gained

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

Goal?

What's that?

CI-Roller Dude said...

and you don't have to worry which holster you are going to wear each day.

Ace said...

I refuse to say I want to lose "x" amount of pounds this year. I know my resolve will last about as long as the choc. chip cookies in the kitchen. I've decided this year is about learning to love myself again...no matter what. I'm just going to take one day at a time and try to do better each day.

Blissed-Out Grandma said...

I've been intending to write about goals for days now. I seem to be quite successfully avoiding any commitment to new and better behavior. Maybe tomorrow....

Danica said...

Welcome back!!!!

You can reach your goal this year. I know you can!!! For me, I am working on financial and physical health this year. I way over spent and am not happy about it, so I need to refocus the budget and nail it down.

BTW I still haven't seen the Hangover. Was going to watch it while I was off with surgery.

Janine said...

I have always been trying to find ways and things that would make me happy. So every year the resolution was to find the right (insert whatever here, love, job, etc.)

I still have dreams but I am happy, and so I'm trying hard to live that way - without needing to achieve something more.

So I guess my goal is to stay happy.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

My goal is to launch my one-woman show, Aging Nymph!, and have my blogging buddies sitting there in the audience. Especially a certain dear friend from Ohio...

pilgrimchick said...

Yes, I'll be back in tomorrow myself, and I'm not looking forward to the early wake-up-call either.

dana said...

You're up for trips? You've got one month to get your ass down here and help talk the neighbor into lowering her asking price $10,000.

PLUS, I've been studying your photo because you remind me of SOMEONE. I just figured it out: Carol Duval

(ONLY in the banner photo) the other photos remind me of Joe's "next" wife.

Joanie M said...

Jordan was 19 on the 27th of December? My daughter was 19 on the 26th!

Glad you enjoyed your time off! Going back to work is so hard!

Fragrant Liar said...

I had ten days off too. This week's going to feel like sweatshop hell!

sheila said...

Gosh you're about the only person I know who doesn't hate 2009's guts, lol.

GOOD FOR YOU! How nice!

Hope 2010 is even better 4 U!

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

It was very hard for me too to get back into the swing of working. Oye Vey! lol

I don't really have many goals this year as I'm dealing with stuff with my mom so my life is in a way and see pattern right now.

Anonymous said...

nice-wallpapers

hkuw k $ lz 41

jaded said...

IT IS HARD TO GO BACK TO WORK!
I wish you the best this year. As for me, I think you know what i'm looking forward to! :)