Monday, January 11, 2010

Let me look under your hood, baby.



A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO paperwork and was burned out.

Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.

He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.

When the time for the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade."

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark.

"You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my entire career."

17 comments:

"Seattle" Heather said...

HA HA HA HA!!! Pretty funny.

Bagman and Butler said...

Yep! Thanks! I will now spend my entire day at work telling this joke to everyone I know.

blueviolet said...

LOL, that's a great one!

FRANNIE said...

Where did you hear that?! It's awesome!

Pennie said...

I have a new favorite joke! :O

LeeAnn said...

Hahahahahaha! Very Funny!!

dana said...

If only I could remember jokes, I'd have a good one to tell. I can't remember the "GOOD ONE" I had yesterday!

p.s. MUFFLER? Hmmmmmm. I guess I'm at the age where ya' can't get in without getting stuck trying to get out.

*hit delete dana. hit delete dana*

dana: forgetting something.......

Danica said...

ROFLMAO!

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Hehehe! Very funny!

My Aimless Infatuation said...

LOL,got to love them Doc's.

f1trey said...

did you hear the one about the gyn that used to whistle????...he was examining a woman one day and whistling as usual until the room got quiet.....he realized he was whistling "i wish i were an oscar mayer weiner".....hehehe

LV said...

Julia, that is just too cute. At least you put a little warmth in my cold day and brought out a smile. Love it. Drop by my place Tuesday and maybe part of it will put a smile on your face.

gayle said...

So cute!! At first dumby me was believin it:)

sheila said...

Ahhhhh, LOL, that's frickin hysterical! Great one!

The Retired One said...

I hate that when it happens.
hahaaaaaa

Secretia said...

That was a freakin funny one!

Christiejolu said...

LMAO!