Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Tattoo Heard Round The World

If you want to see Jordan's newest tattoo, click here to check out his blog.

I'm not allowed to say on Facebook what I think of the newest tattoo, without getting my comments deleted.

But I sure as hell can say it here. Freely. And without censor.

So here you go....

I think that D did a great job on it, as usual. He's done three out of four of Jordan's tats, and one and a half out of three of mine. (And I'm ready for another one!)

I think that the wording itself is great and very meaningful. No complaints whatsoever about that.

I think the font is nice. LOL

I'm just not a fan of tattoos across the front of the chest. Especially a chest I happened to give birth to.

It's just my opinion, and as his mother I am entitled to it.

I'd have loved this tattoo if it had gone across his back/shoulders. Just not a fan of where it's located. I think he'll regret that one day. I could be wrong, but time will tell.

The thing is, he's an adult and he can do whatever he wants. I don't have to like it! I wasn't a fan of his tongue piercing when he got it (and thankfully that lasted a few months and then he took it out). So whether I like or don't like this newest tat isn't really an issue, is it? I love my kid no matter what.

But I don't like getting my opinion deleted off Facebook. One does not want to piss Santa Claus his mother off two days before Christmas.

As one might end up with a lump of coal in his stocking instead of other things that were on his list.

Speaking of new tats, I'm considering two more. One will go on my back, on my right shoulder, and be the same tattoo Jordan has in memory of my sister "Viva La Vida" with Linda's years of birth and death and her initials. I will just change the font to something really pretty/script'y and add a very bright colored dragonfly.

Then I'm considering one on the inside of my left wrist. But not sure what I want! I considered HO HO HO because then depending on how I held my arm it would say that or OH OH OH! But that probably wouldn't be as funny in July as it is in December. So I'm not sure what I will get on my wrist, but I am definitely feeling the urge for something.....

Any suggestions? I don't want anything big, no more than probably 2" long and an inch or less wide. Thoughts? Ideas? Draw me a picture! LOL

9 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Funny blog, think I'll add a link on my site.

CI-Roller Dude said...

I have extra puzzle parts if you need any...help yourself. Just watch out for the flying brass.

gayle said...

I love Jordan's tats!! As for your new one ...let me think on that!!

CI-Roller Dude said...

I only got one Tat...it's sort of a mailing address from when I was a "grunt"
Tats were required in the infantry...

Christiejolu said...

So does the coal in the stocking still work when they are adults? Just curious, mine are 5 and 6 and if I threaten the coal in the stocking they jump to do my bidding. LOL!

"Seattle" Heather said...

Julie I don't have any Tats. Because I can't picture myself growing old and wrinkly with some ink blob on me. Those things do not stay the same give or take 30 40 50 years. Plus I get bored easy, I would want it off. I can understand why would be a little put off with the whole chest thing. I mean you have to ask yourself-why? But you know, in the end it's his body. He can pierce poke and ink whatever whenever he wants. He'll have to live with it. FOREVER.
As for getting something for yourself...get something that resembles the truth about your new lease on life. :) That's what I would do if I wasn't such a chicken.

R. Jacob said...

Stopping by to wish you a happy holiday. keep them coming!

Susan S. said...

Hi there....just popped in your blog. The title intrigued me and as I suspected....we have a lot in common. I got divorced 4 years ago and have been finding out "who I am"...LOL! Love your blog and will be back! Merry Christmas from Houston,TX!

Danica said...

I too am not a fan of where Jordan put his tattoo, but you're right, it's his body.

Anyway you know I'm not a fan of tats in general and want mine removed so I will refrain from commenting. LMAO

Enjoy whatever you get and whereever you put it. I think HO HO HO would be damn funny!